During the 2-day descent, we stay at a “
For an exciting and unique night’s sleep in these beautiful surroundings, we provide all our guests with hammocks and sleeping bags, all set up in advance. You will never want to sleep in a bed again!
Whilst at the bivouac site, we will prepare and serve a wholesome barbeque evening meal – including dessert! This is a brilliant social experience where you can relax and get to know our staff and other guests. In the morning, we’ll get you
TYPICAL BIVOUAC MENU
Homemade locally-sourced Beef and Chorizo Burgers, Hotdogs and fresh Salads
(Plus a complimentary glass of wine)
Homemade Cake and Hot Chocolate
Pancakes and Hot Porridge with freshly brewed English Tea and Coffee.
We will also provide lunch on both days, so you do not have to worry about bringing any food with you. However, if you choose to bring snacks or any extra food, we will provide the group with a cool-box for storing food over the two days.
WHAT TO BRING
Wet set of clothes (to wear whilst paddling)
- Board shorts or similar
- Bikinis or swimwear
- T-shirt - cotton when wet will help to keep you cool
- Old trainers or water shoes (no Crocs or flip-flops on the river)
Dry set of clothes (to wear off the river)
- Long sleeved top and trousers are recommended to change into once off the river
- A hoody or similar, as it the temperature can drop late at night
- It very rarely rains in the Ardeche, but just in case, we recommend bringing a small waterproof jacket.
- The ground can be prickly underfoot at the bivouac, so we strongly advice shoes to be worn at all times, especially by children. Preferably with a thick sole i.e. trainers.
At the bivouac site: There are toilet facilities and hot showers, so we recommend bringing:
- A small travel-style towel
- Minimal toiletries
- A torch or head torch if possible
All your dry kit will need to be packed into your waterproof bag so please pack as small as you can. However, guides have a few extra bags if needed and a cool-box for food items.
1.5 litre bottles of water are available from most shops and we advise you to bring 2 per person. Our guides will have 10 litres to top you up throughout the day.